We would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your patience and understanding during the Autumn term. We know it hasn’t been easy at times and there have been extra pressures on both school and parents with many changes for us all to adapt to. We also recognise that many parents, staff and pupils have been anxious during the lead up to the holiday.
We have been asked by the Department for Education to ensure that all school staff, parents and carers are aware of the following important information regarding positive COVID cases in the holidays:
- For the first 6 days after teaching ends, if a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms within 48 hours of being in school, the school has been asked to assist in identifying close contacts and advising self-isolation, as the individual may have been infectious whilst in school. If your child develops symptoms within 48 hours of being in school, please contact school immediately between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm (contact details listed below). A member of the senior leadership team will check the school emails and voicemails daily within the first 6 days of the school holiday, including Christmas Eve. In the event that you have to leave an email or voice message, please endeavour to provide us with as much information as possible about the positive case. This should include your child’s name and class, the date their symptoms began, the date their COVID test was taken and date the result was received. There may be some instances where we need to contact you for further information to pass on to the Infection Control team within the Local Authority.
Tel: 01924 767066
- We kindly ask that parents only leave voicemail messages or send emails related to positive COVID cases. Any other enquiries and messages will not be dealt with until school opens again on Tuesday 5th January. Please do not send any text messages to school as these will not be checked over the holiday period.
- Within the first 6 days after teaching ends, if school has to inform parents that their child needs to begin a period of self-isolation (due to being in contact with a positive case during their infectious period) this will be done via our Groupcall Text Messaging Service.
- School staff are not asked to remain on-call or conduct any contact tracing more than 6 days after the final day of teaching. Where a pupil or staff member tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), having developed symptoms more than 48 hours since being in school (Monday 21st December onwards), the school should not be contacted. Parents and carers should follow contact tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace.
- Where pupils are required to self-isolate due to contact with a positive case after the first 6 days following the end of term, schools do not need to be informed about their absence until the first day of the new term on Tuesday 5th January.
We thank you in advance for your full cooperation with this and for working with us to ensure we do our best to keep the families of our school community as safe as possible.
We would also like to take this opportunity to again wish you a very Merry Christmas and send our best wishes to you and your families for 2021. We hope you are all able to enjoy some safe celebrations together over the festive period as well as a well-earned rest.
We will look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday 5th January 2021.